History of Energetic Healing
Energy healing and energetic healing are two interchangeable terms and refer to a variety of techniques used in holistic medicine. Their purpose is to utilize the body’s natural energy centers to increase healing and wellness and support health. The body’s natural energy centers are areas where the energy flows. On a cellular level, energy is created within the mitochondria and flows down the electron transport chain and into the body.
On an energetic level, there are energy meridians connecting different parts of the body together allowing energy to flow back and forth. The energy meridians follow specific paths, as was determined by the Traditional Chinese Medicine specialists a few thousands of years ago. Once these energy meridians are disrupted, disease usually follows. Click here to find out how the energy meridians have been discovered scientifically. Science finally proves energy meridians exist!
Our bodies are electromagnetic in nature and and for many years science has measured these frequencies with advanced machines like EKG’s and MRI scanning. Numerous studies demonstrate these energy pathways and points conduct electricity even when needles aren’t used. And the massage technique of Shiatsu has been found to stimulate the same energetic effects. Similarly, Qigong,Tai Chi and the postures of yoga, have been found to increase electrical conductance at acupoints, yet science never believed in the existence of meridians until now.
Recently scientists at Seoul National University confirmed the existence of meridians, which they refer to as the “primo-vascular system.” They say that this system is a crucial part of the cardiovascular system.
Previously, North Korean scientist Kim Bong-Han proposed that he had found meridians in the early 1960’s. Dr Kim Bong-Han showed over 50 years ago that new tubular structures exist inside and outside of blood vessels and lymphatic vessels, as well as on the surface of internal organs and under the dermis. He believed they were the traditional meridian lines. The meridians were called Bonghan ducts or channels, after his research, but now the existence of this system in various organs has been corroborated by further research.
The current Korean researchers now believe the primo-vascular system is in fact the physical component of the Acupuncture Meridian System. And it has also been suggested that this system is involved in channelling the flow of energy and information relayed by biophotons (electromagnetic waves of light) and DNA.
The Korean scientists studying oriental medicine with biophysical methods injected a special staining dye which coloured the meridians. By injecting the dye onto acupuncture points, they were able to see thin lines. These did not show up at non-acupuncture point sites where there are no meridians. The researchers discovered that the meridian lines are not confined to the skin, but are in fact a concrete duct system through which liquid flows, and that this liquid aggregates to form stem cells.
Previously, scientists used a combination of imaging techniques and CT scans to observe concentrated points of microvascular structures that clearly correspond to the map of acupuncture points created by Chinese energy practitioners in ancient times. In a study published in the Journal of Electron Spectroscopy and Related Phenomena, researchers used contrast CT imaging with radiation on both non-acupuncture points and acupuncture points. The CT scans revealed clear distinctions between the non-acupuncture point and acupuncture point anatomical structures.
Scientists are now confirming these energy meridians and tracking them in research studies. They can also track and confirm different frequencies associated with the health of different organs and tissues. Once these frequencies become disrupted, health is not maintained and disease usually follows.
Energetic healing practitioners utilize techniques to restore balance, and thus bring wellness and physical and mental health. Some of the methods used in energetic healing include:
- Acupuncture and acupressure – This type of energetic healing involves either holding a point located on an energy meridian or placing an acupuncture meridian needle in that point to stimulate the location. The techniques focus on balancing the energy meridians in the body, thus restoring health. Click here to find how acupressure relieves low back pain in a study.
- Astrology – uses the planets and celestial bodies to divine information about human affairs and offer advice.
- Chakra balancing – This is a method of healing involving seven energy centers in the body. Each chakra correlates to specific body ailments and physical dysfunctions. The practitioner detects which chakras are out of balance and then utilizes techniques to clear energy blockages or re-establish proper energy flow.
- Crystal healing – Different crystals have specific frequencies associated with them. Matching the crystal frequency with the frequency needed in the body is the method used by crystal healers.
- Divine healing – Divine healing draws upon a source for its healing. Healing through the power of the Holy Spirit, divine healing may or may not involve the laying on of hands. It is thought to be the highest form of healing, going back to God Himself, and has resulted in the greatest number of miracles, including raising the dead and restoring eyesight from blindness, as well as creative miracles (the creation of organs where they were missing or nonfunctional, etc.).
- EMDR – This is called Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing. It’s a psychotherapy technique that deals with traumas that continue to cause emotional distress. Studies on this method show that this type of therapy can save someone from years of psychotherapy sessions. For more info, see emdr.com
- Emotional healing – This type of healing is done through awareness of negative emotions and the release of deep-seated emotions that contribute to the repeating of various situations in life. For example, if someone was abandoned as an infant, until the emotion of abandonment is sufficiently dealt with, then the person will continue to experience situations where he/she is abandoned again. These are energetically set up in the person’s life because the pattern must be broken.
- Essential oil healing – Essential oils contain some of the highest frequencies in the planet. They are extremely potent and chosen according to what organ or tissue in the body is out of balance.
- Herbal healing – This method utilizes plants with high frequencies to initiate healing. Plants in the herbal kingdom resonate at various high energy frequency levels. When consumed, these energy frequencies are transferred from the herbs to the different body organs and tissues.
- Healing touch – Healing Touch, according to the expert’s website at https://www.healingtouchprogram.com states that it is “an energy therapy in which practitioners consciously use their hands in a heart-centered and intentional way to support and facilitate physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health. Healing Touch is a biofield (magnetic field around the body) therapy that is an energy-based approach to health and healing.
- Intuitive healing – Utilizing information from the soul to heal someone physically, mentally, emotionally, or spiritually
- Light workers – These are people who remind people they are spiritual and ask them to connect with their true divine spirit. They do this through ascended masters and spirits from other realms.
- Magnetic healing – This is the use of magnets to affect the energy meridians of the body and to bring in additional circulation to the areas of the body closest to the magnet. The added circulation will bring healing.
- Mediums – A medium uses his or her psychic or intuitive abilities to see the past, present and future events of a person by tuning into the spirit energy surrounding that person. This means mediums rely on the presence of non-physical energy outside of themselves for the information relevant to the person being read. Read more at this source: http://www.oprah.com/spirit/what-is-a-medium-rebecca-rosen/all#ixzz5oDzgo6GC
- Muscle testing and applied kinesiology – This type of practitioner tests the strength of a muscle while simultaneously asking a question about the body, accessing the nervous system’s energetic potentials.
- PEMF healing – Pulsed electromagnetic field generators may be utilized to affect the body’s electromagnetic fields and thus reduce pain, induce better sleep, and decrease inflammation. We are all bombarded by damaging frequencies from electromagnetic radiation from cell phones, cell phone towers, dirty electricity, and even the 5G cell phone system. However, frequencies may be cancelled out when the right one is used. Pulsed electromagnetic fields neutralize damaging radiation we are exposed to, which is causing people to become electromagnetically sensitive, known as EMS or electromagnetic sensitivity.
- Reiki practitioners – Reiki healing utilizes the energy fields from their own body to transfer energy to another person and to cause fluctuations in another person’s energy fields for the purpose of healing.
- Remote healing – This is the transfer of healing energetic frequencies throughout the ethereal world sometimes thousands of miles away to affect physical health, mental health, and emotional health of the recipient.
- Rife healing – Rife machines are frequency machines that generate a frequency put into a liquid, such as water.
- Shamanic healing – This form of healing is usually performed by shamans in other cultures. A shaman is a healer who goes into an altered state of consciousness to access spirits from another world to select certain types of herbs or words of wisdom about removing blocks in a person’s life.
- Sound healing – This is the transfer of certain sounds into the ears of those being treated for the purpose of activating certain frequencies in the body. Once the frequencies are activated, health can return. Sound healing has old roots. The first known people to use the sound method of healing were the Aborigines, a tribal group from Australia known for their unique markings and strange customs. Using a yidaki, also known as a didgeridoo, a traditional man-made instrument in which one blows air in to produce low vibrations, Aboriginal healers would create sounds to tend to ill tribal members.
Energy healing is vastly different than traditional medicine, which focuses primarily on physical healing, the use of medications to affect the different organs, and other techniques to maintain the patient’s condition over time. This system does not involve restoration of the body’s systems – and that is its’ limitation.
The popularity of energetic medicine is growing vastly, as more and more practitioners see the limitations of modern medicine, and are exposed to healing occurring from energetic healers. They cannot dismiss the healing occurring from these different types of healers.
Energetic medicine is expected to grow dramatically in the next 50 years as society is being exposed to ‘bad’ frequencies from cell phone towers, wifi, and dirty electricity. These frequencies cause disruption of health on multiple levels; yet energy healing can help restore the disruptions. What is available from energetic medicine now is hope – and a plan. And at NAPH, you can feel the hope at all our networking events – and get the plans that propel you to be a big part of the movement.